We hope you will renew your DEAFNA membership for 2023 to continue enjoying the many benefits:
• Access to the members only side of the DEAFNA website www.afna.org that gives you access to:
o Information on retirement including an overview of retirement benefits & guidance on making changes to your benefits and guidance & experiences of retired agents when you are looking for a job after retirement
o List of employment opportunities and resume bank
o Scholarship Application*
o List of vendors that give members discounts & benefits**
o Membership & Business Directories
o Instructions for updating retired Special Agent Credentials and/or HR-218 Card
• Emails to AFNA members with important news and employment opportunities. All emails are posted on the AFNA website for easy access.
• *AFNA Foundation Annual Scholarship granting six regional winners (children & grandchildren) a $2,500 scholarship.*
• **Discounts and benefits from various vendors. Currently, the following are available with more coming soon: Federal Employee Professional Liability Insurance, Concealed Carry Insurance, reduced cost financing on mortgages, consumer products.
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Policy- Principal Sum: $5,000.00
• Connecting you with producers and publishers working on projects involving DEA cases you’ve worked on.
• Support of the AFNA Foundation which is the charitable wing of DEAFNA. It is a recognized 501 (C) (3) organization whose mission is to provide aid and assistance to members of DEAFNA, DEA, DEA Task Force Officers, and their families. The Foundation can provide financial assistance during times of hardship as the result of a natural disaster, illness, and death. We help with medical expenses and travel expenses for families with a medical hardship.
• Annual National Conference where members can reconnect with old friends and meet fellow members. There, DEAFNA honors current Special Agents of DEA for exemplary work in the furtherance of DEA’s mission by presenting the Agent of the Year Award.
To renew your membership, pay your dues by Jan 1st; login to the DEAFNA website www.afna.org and click PAY DUES or use the below directions. Please take the time to go through the steps so that your DEAFNA profile reflects your payment and current contact info.
HOW TO PAY DUES:
1. Login to the DEAFNA website www.afna.org
2. Click ‘My Account’
3. Under ‘My Memberships’ click ‘Renew’
Note: If you were an Associate Member and are now a Regular Member (former DEA Special Agent), click ‘Change’ then ‘Regular’ then ‘Renew.’ You will be eligible to vote in DEAFNA matters.
4. Update any information if needed Note: If any of the required fields (*) (ex: Years of Service, References, etc.) are blank, you can just enter “N/A.”
5. Choose Your Payment Method either ‘Pay by Credit Card‘ or ‘Pay by Check’
NEW TO CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS:
- Credit Card payment are now made right on the DEAFNA page (no more PayPal).
- When renewing with a credit card, your membership will now be renewed automatically each year. You will receive an email in advance letting you know. You will have the option to cancel if you decide not to renew.
- When you view your Account page, instead of an expiration date, you will see “Next Payment” with the next payment date.
- If you need to change your credit card info (want to use a different card or want to update the card expiration date), then log in, go to your Account and click on “Update Billing Info” under My Memberships.
6. Fill in the Billing Information and Payment Information (if paying via credit card)
7. Click ‘I Agree to the Terms of Service‘ box
8. Click ‘Submit & Check Out‘
Note: If you didn’t complete required fields (*), fill in the info & start at #5 above.
9. If you chose to pay by check:
- Make check payable to DEAFNA for the amount shown
- Include full name if sending a business check
- Mail to: AFNA P.O. Box 2801 Ashburn, VA 20146
Thank you for taking the time to renew your membership!
To print your membership card & check your membership status:
1. Login to the DEAFNA website at www.afna.org
2. Click ‘My Account’ under MY PAGES
3. Click ‘View and Print Membership Card’
4. Click the blue ‘Print’ icon on the top right corner of the card