Click HERE to view/print the below.
Reasons to Join
Association of Federal Narcotics Agents (AFNA)
AFNA welcomes for membership all current & former DEA employees as well as current & former sworn DEA Task Force Officers
The mission of the Association of Federal Narcotics Agents (AFNA) is: To develop, promote and preserve goodwill and friendship among former federal narcotics agents and other DEA personnel; To provide mutual assistance to the membership and to assist the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in its mission of drug law enforcement.
Here are some of the benefits of joining AFNA:
- Access to the members only side of the AFNA website afna.org that gives you access to:
- Information on retirement including an overview of retirement benefits & guidance on making changes to your benefits and guidance & experiences of retired agents when you are looking for a job after retirement
- List of employment opportunities and resume bank
- Scholarship Application*
- List of vendors that give members discounts & benefits**
- Membership & Business Directories
- Instructions for updating retired Special Agent Credentials and/or HR-218 Card
- Emails to AFNA members with important news and employment opportunities. All emails are posted on the AFNA website for easy access.
- *AFNA Foundation Annual Scholarship granting six regional winners (children & grandchildren) a $2,500 scholarship.*
- **Discounts and benefits from various vendors. Currently, the following are available with more coming soon: Federal Employee Professional Liability Insurance, Concealed Carry Insurance, reduced cost financing on mortgages, consumer products.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Policy- Principal Sum: $5,000.00
- Connecting you with producers and publishers working on projects involving DEA cases you’ve worked on.
- Support of the AFNA Foundation which is the charitable wing of AFNA. It is a recognized 501 (C) (3) organization whose mission is to provide aid and assistance to members of AFNA, DEA, DEA Task Force Officers, and their families. The Foundation can provide financial assistance during times of hardship as the result of a natural disaster, illness, and death. We help with medical expenses and travel expenses for families with a medical hardship.
- Annual National Conference where members can reconnect with old friends and meet fellow members. There, AFNA honors current Special Agents of DEA for exemplary work in the furtherance of DEA’s mission by presenting the Agent of the Year Award.
AFNA sponsors a law enforcement trade show held every spring in conjunction with DEA’s International Drug Enforcement Conference (IDEC). This joint AFNA and DEA venture is an event for vendors of police related products and services. Participants include representatives from more than 80 countries and over 20 multi-national companies. This gives AFNA members a great opportunity to network with companies seeking employees with our background, experience, and
To becBenefits of AFNA rev 12-2022ome a member, click “JOIN US”
For questions, click “CONTACT US” or call 703-729-6568